It is often said that Manchester United are the biggest club in the world, let alone the Premier League, and I guess you could say that these stats kind of prove that. Almost everyone on the globe is on Facebook these days and it appears that a huge number of people that are support Man United! We have been scouring Facebook for the official club fan pages of the 20 teams in the Premier League and you could say that the results weren’t surprising in regards to the most followed pages.
Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United were by far and away the leaders with more than 10 million fans, that’s more than twice as many as Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, who are the second, third and fourth most liked official Premier League club fan pages respectively. The rest of the top ten is to be expected, with the traditional bigger clubs’ larger fan bases resulting in more followers.
So Blues fans, make sure you become a fan of your team’s fan page to help your club become the second in the Premier League to break the 5 million Facebook fans mark. Here are the top ten…
1. Man United – http://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited – 10,883,239
2. Liverpool – http://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC – 4,890,949
3. Arsenal – http://www.facebook.com/Arsenal – 4,879,868
4. Chelsea – http://www.facebook.com/ChelseaFC – 4,449,082
5. Man City – http://www.facebook.com/mcfcofficial – 493,012
6. Tottenham – http://www.facebook.com/TottenhamHotspur – 489,383
7. Aston Villa – http://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial – 146,380
8. Everton – http://www.facebook.com/Everton – 137,729
9. West Ham – http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Ham-United-FC-Official/129911763708715 – 136,309
10. Newcastle – http://www.facebook.com/newcastleunited – 131,391