Date: 3rd August 2019 at 7:07am
Written by:

Premier League clubs have to submit their squad lists for the upcoming season by Friday which has sparked debate amongst many a fanbase – none more so than Chelsea who have a dilemma of their own on who gets their final spot.

Regulations state that a club can only have up to 17 foreign players meaning that it is likely Frank Lampard is left with the decision on who gets in between Kenedy, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Davide Zappacosta.

A number of fans took to social media to display their opinions with many siding with the Brazilian winger.

Kenedy has made just 27 appearances for the Blues, scoring three and assisting three more, since joining the club from Fluminense for £6.3m in 2015. Last season he spent much of his time at St James’ Park on loan where he notched up 28 appearances but only scored and assisted one goal.

Some supporters believe he will get that elusive final place in Lampard’s squad with one stating that the 23-year-old is the only left-footed attacker in the team meaning it makes sense for him to stay whilst another added that he had been decent this pre-season and will soon prove his worth in the early cup games.

One fan simply said it was an easy decision, emphasising the club should get rid of Bakayoko permanently.

There was some support for Zappacosta with one member of the Stamford Bridge faithful claiming he is the best choice whilst another said he would be the safest option when considering Reece James’ injury.

The Italian has been regarded as a flop in West London having made 52 appearances with only 13 of those actually being starts in the Premier League after joining in a £23m deal from Torino.

You can read the rest of the reaction below: