Date: 1st December 2017 at 6:00pm
Written by:

Gremio will consider selling midfielder Arthur Melo in the January transfer window, according to AS.

The 21 year old has been scouted by Barcelona in recent weeks, but has also been on Chelsea’s radar in recent times, and it looks as though the Brazilian could be on the move next month.

Arthur only signed a new four year deal in October, with a release clause set at €50million (£44m), but AS believe that Gremio may look to offload the promising midfield playmaker after the Club World Cup later this month.

The Brazilian side won the Copa Libertadores against Lanus after a 2-1 second leg win (3-1 on aggregate) on Wednesday. Barca technical director Robert Fernandez was at the match to see Arthur play but the midfielder was substituted after 52 minutes.

The player’s ownership situation is pretty complicated. He is 60% owned by his club Gremio, but the other 40% is currently held by businessman Celso Rigo. Under Premier League rules, Chelsea would have to buy out both parties’ share if they wanted to sign the midfielder.


Comments are closed.