Date: 18th August 2017 at 8:00pm
Written by:

Chelsea have not given up on signing Juventus full back Alex Sandro, according to Calciomercato.com, despite Juve’s CEO Giuseppe Marotta revealing that the player has told him that he wants to stay at the club.

Marotta was quoted by Sky Sports as saying that the Bianconeri have knocked back another offer from the Blues after being informed by the Brazilian he is happy to remain in Turin:

“Alex Sandro said he wants to stay at Juventus and this is a real big deal. So we automatically rejected the sender’s request.”

Chelsea are said to be determined to continue their pursuit because of manager Antonio Conte’s demand that the club must sign the 26 year old this summer.

Tottenham’s Danny Rose has been touted as a potential backup target with the Sun reporting earlier this week that a bid of £50million will be made for the England international after the London derby between the two sides on Sunday.

It looks apparent that at the moment Chelsea are continuing their summer long pursuit for Sandro as they seek competition for Marco Alonso in the left wing back role.