Date: 8th August 2012 at 8:16pm
Written by:

Chelsea are reportedly close to signing young forward Victor Moses according to a number of media sources, including BBC Sport, who say that Wigan have set an £8.5m asking price and it’s up to the Blues to meet it.

The  story goes on to say that our chief executive Ron Gourlay met Wigan chairman Dave Whelan on Tuesday to discuss a deal for the 21-year-old and would like to complete the deal quickly so that we can include Moses in the squad to travel to Villa Park to play against Manchester City in the Community Shield on Sunday.

Wigan’s initial asking price had been £10 million and Whelan said that he would not stand in the player’s way if he wanted to leave, as long as the fee was met. Now the fee has dropped to £8.5 million which suggests a compromise between the two sides and if that’s the case, it’s not going to be long before Moses becomes a Chelsea player.

Roberto Di Matteo is said to be keen on Moses, who only scored six Premier League goals last season, but fired late into the season which helped keep Wigan away from the drop and he put in a good performance when he played against us at Stamford Bridge last season.

It seems as though many people, especially from the comments I have seen on Twitter, believe that the purchase of Moses would mean an end to pursuing Porto’s Hulk or another attacker. But I think he’s being brought in to  replace Salomon Kalou, who left the club and joined Lille on a free transfer this summer. Moses also has homegrown status which is particularly valuable, especially if Daniel Sturridge was to leave the club this or next summer amid interest from Andre Villas-Boas’ Tottenham.

The fans have been divided over this particular rumours, would Moses be a good addition and is he good enough to play for a club like Chelsea? – Have your say in the comments below.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19181196?